Foundations for the future: acting now to shape tomorrow
Over three days delegates and speakers from the UK and around the world will explore the challenges facing our communities and how local philanthropy can drive and support change both now and in the future.
Day 1 - Understanding the scale of change facing communities over the coming decades and our role in supporting them to respond and thrive.
We’ll look at the changes that will occur in communities in the next 10-15 years including:
- The role of community foundations in tackling climate change.
- The challenges of digital and AI, and how we can retain real community connection in an increasingly divided society
- The future of charity governance
- The implications of long-term giving trends on the community foundation business model
Confirmed speakers include: Carola Carazzone and Karl Wilding
Day 2: Thinking differently, imagining the art of the possible and learning from different approaches.
A day of inspiration and insight!
- Thinking like a venture capitalist,
- Adopting Future thinking – why long-term thinking should be at the heart of everything we do
- Radically different models in grant making
- Community Insight – using both data and lived experience to understand our communities
Confirmed speakers – Tom Bloxham, Immy Kaur, Tim Gutteridge
Day 3: Taking things forward: together we can make transformative change to support our current communities and those of the future.
Our final day will be a collective experience, asking ourselves what leaders of the future look like, and what the next steps are for community foundations. There will be a rousing keynote from Andy Burnham challenging us to be the change that we want to see.
Confirmed speakers: Sufina Ahmad
During the conference we’ll be providing space for delegates to hold their own discussions, share ideas and learn from each other. This might be a topic that is suggested in advance and is part of the programme, or something you’ve heard at the conference that you want to discuss further with other delegates. All we ask is that the content is future focused, considering what the future will look like for our communities and for us as community foundations, so we can try to address the challenges together. If you’ve got an idea for a discussion topic, please send the title and a short overview to the UKCF Membership Team.